Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why Oh Why?

Why have I bothered to set up a blog?


Well, apart from being so in love with the sound of my own voice, that I feel the need to also commit my thoughts to a screen, I had a moment of enlightenment.


It occurred to me that the main reason I hadn't started a blog was that I thought that other people would think (are you following this?) I was just being pretentious. After all, what do I have to say that is worth other people listening to? Half the time I can barely form a coherent sentence, let alone put together entire blogs. And the chances of my train of thought actually being train-like, rather than kangaroo bounds of dis-associated meanderings and mumblings?  Well, if you manage to keep up, you're doing better I than can.


So, then I realized that actually, sometimes I just have to get my thoughts 'out there'. If not, they tend to go round and round without giving me any kind of reprieve. So, this blog is my couch. I shall recline and hold forth on my own thoughts. They may not mean much to you, but it's worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment